Thursday, March 3, 2011

Speaking in Tongues

Today and in Tuesday's class we watched the movie Speaking in Tongues.  It was about immersion programs in public schools.  I think that these programs are great!  Becoming bilingual, studies have shown that our students brain capacities increase.  It not only does that, but it will help them in their future careers. Also, the students are becoming more aware of other cultures. Some more information we found out in class that there are only 13 schools that have immersion programs and 6 of them are here in Minnesota.  I hope that in the future more schools will have immersion programs.  If there was an immersion program in the area where I grew up, I would have wanted to go to school there.  I think they are a great idea and it will only become more important that our children become bilingual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment