Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ideal Teacher Prep Prorgram

When asked that question if I could think of an ideal teacher prep program, what would I like it to be like?  There were many different things that popped into my head.  First, I think there needs to be more time for student teaching.  I feel that students that are studying to become teachers learn the most when they are actually in the schools and seeing what’s going on.  The more hands on students can get, the better teachers they will become. That’s why I believe that more experience is required.  I also think that while we are student teaching, they should put us in two completely different schools. For example, put a student teacher in a school that has a lot of money and then one completely opposite.  Also, we could do student teaching abroad. Another thing they could add to the teacher prep program is have students take more special education classes.  They could teach students different strategies they could use in their classroom. These are just a few things that I think will help the teacher prep program improve.  I’m sure there are many other great ideas that I didn’t mention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment