Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How was my school organized?

How was my high school organized?  First off, I went to Eden Valley- Watkins High School.  We went to school 5 days a week and had school from 8:30a.m.too 3:12 p.m.  I wish that our school would have gone year around but it didn’t.  There are so many benefits if our schools would go year around.  This originated from when most kids lived on farms and their parents needed them in the summer.  We aren’t like that anymore, three months is to long for a summer break.  My junior high and senior high school students were in the same building.  So, many of the teachers that taught junior high students also had classes that were for the senior high students.  Block scheduling was not in our school and I wish that it had been.  I really liked my school but I wish that there were some changes.  For example, the block scheduling would have been a great idea, school going year around, and our school was a little larger.  I know that the last example a person can’t fix, but our school would have been able to offer more classes in different areas.  There are some other little things I would like to change but the ones that I listed were the more important to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment