Monday, February 21, 2011

Pa. teacher strikes nerve with 'lazy whiners' blog

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2011-02-16-teacher-blog-suspended_N.htm

In this article, an English teacher from Pa. was writting negative things on her blog about her students.  She wrote things such as how they are lazy, not motivated and how could parents not raise their own kids to be "good children".  I feel that it is probably true that students can be lazy and have bad tempers but this doesn't give that teacher the right to write such negative things.  It isn't very professional of her and I feel this was very inappropriate.  I feel that if she doesn't like her students and think they are not motivated, then she should find a different profession if she thinks of it so negatively.  Also, instead of complaining about her students, I feel that she should try and make things better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Ellen, in my opinion this teacher was not being a professional. I think when you become a teacher, you should be a positive role model. Talking negatively about students on a public blog is just not positive any way you look at it. Maybe she should try channeling her negative feelings towards motivating them.

    ReplyDelete