Sunday, February 27, 2011

Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Report

On Thursday's class we all recieved our own individual profile report of our intercultural development. This report shows us where we are in our intercultural development. I was glad when we were told in class that we were going to take this test.  I feel that in today society diversity is big and becoming a teacher it's huge that we are culturally competent. When I got my report back it said that I was at the minimization stage.  I thought that's were I was probably going to end up.  I grew up in a small town and graduated with about 50 students.  In my school we didn't have much diversity.  There are many things I'm going to work so I can move up on the developmental orientation (DO) scale.  I would like to learn a foreign language such as Spanish possibly.  Also, learning general and specific knowledge and skills of other cultures would help me.  Third, just simply be more aware of other cultures.  I know that my score isn't up to par and I have a long ways to go, but I'm going to try and achieve these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment